Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Couple of Things It Took Me Years to Figure Out or D'oh!


My preferred morning bus stop on my way to work is in full sun in the morning.  The Queen Anne's Lace and Cornflowers  in the flat gravel lot love it, but I do not.   Today, I was vexed because I just missed one bus and the next was not due for 20 minutes.  I steamed a bit contemplating the squinty, itchy wait.  Then, I had a brainstorm!  If I stood across the non-busy street next to an overshadowing building, next to a leafy tree with arching branches, I could check my phone from time to time and see the bus approaching.  I saved my skin 20 minutes of being baked in the golden, hot, humid, August sunshine.  I could appreciate the cloudless blue sky from lovely, cool shade.   I saw the bus after a comfortable interval, was able to cross and board in a blissful state.  What a luxury!  I felt like a genius and a champ! 

Another story of clever realization:  After a few years in a new work location, tired of suffering while crossing 2 busy streets with trafficked by lawless, rabid drivers--another brainstorm rained down hard! On my way to my preferred afternoon bus stop, I figured out I could avoid the stress and near misses.  Often it is hard to tell if drivers see me or not.  I wait until I make eye contact before I step off a curb. Now, leaving the building, I veer right, instead of left at the start, walk on an overpass and across a plaza bypassing those 2 streets.  I have only 1, instead of 3, streets to cross to my bus stop and be homeward bound.

I'm a little mad that it took me a long time to figure our each little bit of ease and convenience.  These discoveries will save on so much stress and dread.




Wishing you blue skies and aqua waters and moments of clarity.###

No comments: