Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Noodles with poppy seeds, easy "recipe"

Some 10 days later, I discovered in the fridge, a Pyrex dish containing noodles with poppy seeds left over from Wigilia, added a little water to steam, stuck in oven, and enjoyed tonight. Yes, it tasted even better today, melding flavors, dontcha know.

This is how I made it:

Cooked 2 package eggs noodles (2 pounds dry).
Drained and mixed while hot with
1 stick of sweet unsalted butter, stir until butter melts and is evenly distributed.
Then added
contents of 2 cans of sweetened Solo poppy seeds,
contents of 1 can of Solo almond paste,
handful of candied orange peel
(other years I used fresh lemon zest).

No added sugar, but you may want to adjust to your taste.
I mentioned the brand name of the canned fillings, there may be others that are just as good that I'm not aware of.

No comments: