Monday, January 20, 2014

Scratching an Itch

This weekend I noticed a large blue piece of fabric flapping in the wind.  It was waving "Hello, come on over," above a garbage can.  As my husband pulled the car into the garage, I asked him to keep the door open as I wanted to investigate. Under it was a towel, and a sleeping bag, one can over was a large floral comforter.  I returned thinking surely one of the canning alley scavengers would claim the useful bedding.

This afternoon I was disappointed as things looked untouched.  I felt compelled to pull out the items for a good, hot wash and dry, to be followed by a donation to a nearby food pantry. Fridays they give away donated clothing and household goods. Also I found 2 stacking plastic drawer shelf things. Washed in hot soapy water and set out on porch to dry/freeze.  Satisfied that I was able to rescue the goods and relieved that I didn't have to worry about them coming to a bad end.

###


2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Hi Tess, thank you for popping over to my blog. I'm just getting ready for the drama that is the school run but I promise to pop back and have a better look at your later - it looks lovely. x

Le-Chat said...

Well done, Tess!